Balance is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Balance takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Reduce My Risk:
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Reduce My Risk is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Reduce My Risk. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Reduce My Risk:
- Phone: 0191 333 715
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- on social media; Twitter: @balancene
We try to respond to feedback within 3 business days.
Some videos may not have subtitles and captions because these videos were published before 23 September 2020 and are exempt. Please email us at email@example.com if you require further assistance.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Reduce My Risk is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Chrome with with Voice Over assistive technology on MacOS Catalina
- Safari with with Voice Over assistive technology on MacOS Catalina
Reduce My Risk is not compatible with:
- Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Accessibility of Reduce My Risk relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Reduce My Risk, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Reduce My Risk:
- Questions, submit, next and back buttons within the Quiz: When using voice assisted technologies and tabbing through quiz questions, submit buttons and next and previous buttons may not provide additional roles and states for those elements because the quiz is built on legacy code and is a disproportionate burden to fix. We monitor issues through email and will provide the quiz details in plain text if required. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to report your issue.
- Orientation layout of quiz: When viewing the quiz on small devices in landscape orientation some content may not be visible/accessed because the quiz is built on legacy code and is a disproportionate burden to fix. We monitor issues through email and will provide the quiz details in plain text if required. Please email us at email@example.com to report your issue.
Balance assessed the accessibility of Reduce My Risk by the following approaches:
- External evaluation
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
Head of Media and Communications